Gray, cloudy skies and frosty winds may make you want to ditch your plans in the outside world. Opt to spend the day inside instead and you will see there are plenty of things you can do at home to keep yourself occupied and warm!
Don’t Let the Winter Blues Get You Down
Here is a list of 10 things your friends at Taylor Homes recommends doing:
- Read a good book. There are thousands of great books you can download to your Kindle. If you don’t have a kindle, you can also go to a thrift store to pick up some cheap used books. Escape the cold outside and enter your own fantasy world through reading.
- Play a game. Pull out all of your favorite board games from storage and find a game that everyone in your family will love. You can also grab a deck of cards for endless possible games!
- Home improvement. Cozy up your space with rugs, pillows, blankets, and scented candles to make your home a welcoming, comfy place. Or, work on whatever project you’ve been putting off since you’re stuck inside anyway.
- Make a new recipe. Get out of the rut with your current recipes you have on shuffle and try something new! Gather all of the ingredients you need for a homecooked meal. You can experiment with different flavor combinations or regional food for a fun new way to engage your taste buds.
- Dance. Dancing to music is a great way to release endorphins and get some exercise all from the comfort of your home. If you have two left feet, don’t worry! You can browse YouTube for all sorts of dance tutorials. Turn on your favorite jams and get moving!
- Gratitude journal. Writing down the things in our lives that we are grateful for can change our state of mind for the better. Start by thinking about 5 things you appreciate. It can be something simple like a delicious meal you had or a conversation you enjoyed with a friend.
- Make a hot drink. Hot drinks feel like a warm hug when it is cold and nasty outside. Brew up some tea, or go for something more indulgent like a cup of hot cocoa.
- Indoor picnic. Who says a picnic has to be outside? An indoor picnic can be just as fun, complete with warm foods like soup and tea. Get your family to enjoy a meal a-la-carte
- Decorate sugar cookies. Sugar cookies are the perfect winter treat. Whip up some colored icing and you can become a true artist.
- Family winter photoshoot. Take advantage of all of your family being together and play dress-up. Take candid photos of your family having fun or go for a more organized photoshoot. Fancy or not, you will treasure the memories you had together!
Don’t let snow or cold temperatures dampen your spirit. No matter what activities you choose to beat the winter blues, you have plenty of options to keep yourself entertained at home. And remember, have fun!