There are many benefits to going green. Not only does it help the environment, but it also can help save you money. Care for the environment can begin in your home, and save you money on your home bills. It doesn’t have to be hard or take a lot of time. It’s an easy list to remember, so we want to present it to you in a handy-dandy format.
8 Ways to Go Green With Your Home
- Switch all of your light bulbs to energy efficient light bulbs. This will save energy and dollars on your electricity bill.
- Begin switching appliances to energy efficient models. Look for the “energy star”. Many appliances are energy efficient now.
- Turn off the lights when you leave a room. Again, this saves energy and saves money on your bills. If you want extra light, try opening the blinds or curtains to let in natural light.
- Wash your laundry (where necessary) with cold instead of hot water.
- Pay your bills online. It saves time and is greener. And it saves paper.
- Unplug appliances you are not using regularly (like a toaster).
- Lower your water heater temperature.
- Use cloth napkins instead of paper napkins. Not only is this greener, but it saves you money as well.
Homes are increasingly becoming more energy efficient and green as we learn more about the importance of caring for the environment with the way we consume and live. Taking care of the environment by going green can start right in your home. It does not have to take a lot of time or work, and as you have already seen, the process can range from more involved to fairly easy. From energy efficient windows to simple things like changing replacing light bulbs, we can all do our part to conserve the natural resources we have for a brighter future for our families.