S’mores are classic camping and bonfire treat, but not everyone loves s’mores with the same fervor! Luckily, there are alternatives and ways you can give traditional s’mores a twist!
Cooler nights are finally here, and what better way to enjoy them than sitting outside with friends and family at a bonfire! Keep it warm and toasty while satisfying your sweet tooth with these bonfire alternatives to s’mores ideas.
Try these on your next bonfire get-together for plenty of smiles and fun!
- S’moreos. Instead of graham crackers, try Oreos for an even chocolatier flavor. Ooey, gooey, marshmallowy goodness with cookies!
- Baked apples. The taste of fresh apples in the fall is simply unmatched. The best apples for roasting over a fire are granny smith apples. Wrap them in some aluminum foil with butter, cinnamon, and sugar, and you’re good to go!
- Strawberry shortcake s’mores. Get some fresh strawberries and marshmallows and put them between shortbread cookies for a delicious fruity treat.
- Twinkies or donut holes. These ones are extra easy because you don’t have to do much preparation. Take store-bought Twinkies or donut holes to the next level by heating them up over an open fire. The Twinkies will be so delicious with their cream filling!
- Banana boat. Cut open a banana, slice the banana, and add marshmallows, chocolate, and whatever other toppings you desire like caramel sauce!
- Campfire cones. Admittedly, s’mores are very messy. One way to contain the ooziness of chocolate and marshmallows is by putting everything in an ice cream cone. Add candy, mini marshmallows, and whatever other toppings you like, and wrap your cone in foil.
- Cinnamon rolls on a stick. Wrap the pre-made cinnamon rolls around a skewer and roast! Then drizzle on icing for your new favorite bonfire treat.
Let your creativity run wild! We hope these recipes inspire you to make something delicious over your bonfire. Good luck!