There is something about Christmas and baking that go hand in hand. My family loves to fill containers of cookies and deliver them to our friends and neighbors. It is a nice gift to receive because you never know when company could pop in and a sweet treat will be needed!
Over the next 12 days we will share some of our favorite cookie recipes with you.
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies:
1 cup butter
1⁄2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 ounces chocolate chips, melted
- Cream butter and sugar, add flour and vanilla.
- Pinch off 1/2″ balls of dough, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a fork to flatten cookies.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet, cool 10-15 minutes.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate.
- Chill to set chocolate.
These are such a simple cookie to make but they are sure to be a hit with your crowd!