Let your dad know he’s the coolest dad out there by spending quality time with him this Father’s Day weekend. Here are our ideas for how you can celebrate your dad!
- Go to a park or fire up your grill at home to serve up tasty entrees such as ribs and vegetable kabobs. A cookout is not complete without delicious side dishes such as fresh fruit, mac and cheese, and green beans.
- Grab a rod and reel and take your dad fishing. Fishing is a great way to spend a day in nature. See who can catch the biggest fish for some fun competition!
- Spa day
- Who said dads don’t love being pampered? Take your dad to a spa for a relaxing massage or facial.
- Play an outdoor game
- Basketball, cornhole, soccer, badminton, you name it! If the weather is nice, you might as well take advantage of it. Enjoy bonding with your dad while playing an outdoor game.
- Sweet treat
- Make “sweet” memories with your dad and get ice cream together! If ice cream isn’t his dessert of choice you can opt for a bakery trip.
- Rent his dream car
- Has your dad been talking about his favorite new car model for a while? Find a rental and let him take it for a spin around the neighborhood.
- Make a charcuterie board
- Who doesn’t love cheese?! Cut up some cheese and pair it with fruit, nuts, crackers, and your dad’s favorite beverage of choice.
- Adventure is out there! Taking a trip to somewhere he hasn’t been before will be an exciting memory to create. You can go with just the two of you or invite some family and friends. Explore the wilderness and bring a book to help you identify different plant and animal species.
We hope these ideas will help you brainstorm a way to show appreciation for your dad. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there!