2018 is coming to an end. New Years Eve plans are being made, and New Years resolutions are being decided. Whether you’re hoping to eat healthier, workout more, spend more time with friends, or travel more, it can be difficult to follow through with your planned resolutions. We’ve put together a list of tips and tricks to make it easier to hold yourself accountable for your resolutions and maintain them throughout the new year.
- Make your resolutions simple and detailed. Creating complicated or scattered resolutions make it more difficult to keep up with them and can leave your feeling disappointed if they don’t work out. Write down a detailed resolutions and how you plan to implement it into your current lifestyle, rather than try to create a new lifestyle completely.
- Plan a time frame. Beyond choosing a detailed and specific resolutions, it is helpful to create a time frame for yourself to keep you accountable. With your resolution, create monthly or quarterly goals and check in with yourself throughout the year.
- To keep yourself motivated to achieve your goal, take notes throughout the year. This will allow you to look back on previous moments and realize how far you have come since the start of the new year.
- Reward yourself. One of the best ways to keep your resolutions throughout the year is to give yourself rewards often. Chose something like a dinner out, or a new clothing item to motivate you to stay on track for the month. When the month is complete and you have stuck to your plan, reward yourself with that item. Then, pick another reward item for the end of the next month.
- Don’t be afraid to receive or seek support. When taking on a new goal, it is important to surround yourself with supportive people. Whether your support system comes from someone in your household or you find an online group with a common goal, a supportive team around you will help you stay focused.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions this year? Share them with us in the comments below and let us know how you plan to keep them up all year long.
Happy New Year from the Taylor Team!