This weekend is memorial day weekend, which means everyone is off of work and school on Monday to enjoy the holiday. Memorial Day is a holiday to remember those who died in active military service, and many people use this holiday to spend time with friends, family, and loved ones. This weekend is a great time to spend some extra time with those you love and do something fun and enjoyable together. Whether you plan to get out of town or host a family get-together, here are some ideas on how to make the weekend fun for you and your family.
- Host a BBQ. When the weather is nice people love to enjoy the outdoors and sunshine. If the weather is nice this weekend, it is the perfect time to bring out the grill and host a BBQ. Invite over your family and friends and enjoy the day eating, laughing, and playing games together. A great way to bring everyone together is to have each guest at your party bring their favorite dish. It gets everyone involved and provides a meal everyone will love.
- Visit an Amusement Park. Six Flags, Holiday World, Kings Island are all open and ready for the summer rush.
- Go to the pool. For most pools it’s opening weekend and always a great kick off to summer.
- Travel to the Lake. Traveling to a lake is a great weekend trip to take. You can stay in a cabin for one or two nights and get to enjoy the outdoors with your family.
- Be a Tourist. While you may think you know the city that you live in very well, I’m sure there are some things that you have never done or seen before. Take some time during the long weekend to be a tourist in your own city. Look up museums or parks that you have never been to before and check them out. You will learn even more about your city, and you don’t have to travel to see something new and exciting.
- Try a New Local Restaurant. Take the time this weekend to try that new restaurant you have been dying to go to. Enjoying a meal with close friends is a great way to spend part of your long weekend.
No matter what you do this weekend, take time to enjoy your loved ones. It is important to remember what Memorial Day is about, and if you have children, this is a great time to teach them about the holiday. Our thoughts are with all of the families who have lost loved ones. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.
What do you plan to do this holiday weekend? Let us know in the comments below!