Need a Tasty Idea for Easter or Passover?
Easter day is typically busy, whether with church, goody baskets, egg hunts or a combination of them all! The yummy casserole recipe below doesn’t take much time to prepare, leaving you more time to spend with family (and not in the kitchen)!
Add cinnamon rolls or biscuits as a side, and your family and friends are ready to enjoy a delicious Easter breakfast or brunch.
Easter Breakfast/Brunch Casserole
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
1 pound bacon 8 eggs
¼ cup diced onion 2 cups milk
¼ cup diced green bell pepper 1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 7×11 inch casserole dish.
2. Fry the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble.
3. In a large bowl beat together eggs and milk. Mix in cheese, bacon, onion and green pepper. Stir in the thawed hash browns. Pour mixture into prepared casserole.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 30 minutes until eggs have set. Enjoy!
If you celebrate Passover, below is a great recipe for Passover Apple Cake – only 20 minutes prep time!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
2 eggs 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil 8 large apples, peeled, cored & sliced
1 cup white sugar ½ cup brown sugar
1-1/2 cups matzo meal 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup potato starch 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch glass baking dish.
2. Combine eggs, oil & sugar in large bowl with electric mixer. Stir in matzo meal, potato starch and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
3. In a separate bowl, toss apples with brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Layer half of the dough into the prepared 9×13 dish. Pour the apples into the dish then pat remaining dough over the apples. Sprinkle with some brown sugar, if desired.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.