It’s baseball season! If you’re in our area you know that there are many great major and minor league teams to go check out this summer. Heading out to a baseball game for ballpark food and sunshine with family and friends is the perfect summer activity. We’re here with a guide to the teams in our area and how you can enjoy your local ballpark this summer.
Louisville, KY – The Louisville Bats are a minor league baseball team with their home in Louisville.
– Where they play: Louisville Slugger Field in downtown Louisville. Enjoy a great view of the skyline during sunset as you watch an evening game.
– Who they play: The team is a triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds and is in the International League West division, playing teams like the Indianapolis Indians and the Columbus Clippers
– What to enjoy: When headed to a game enjoy a family-friendly ballpark with lots of food and drink options. There is a playground with carousel for the kiddos and picnic table seating for families. Head out to a game on Friday night to enjoy fireworks after the game. For adults, enjoy drink specials during certain nights of the week. Other promotions/events include Dog Day at the Park, Theme Nights (Star Wars Night is May 20th), and Baseball Bingo.
For more information on the Bats schedule and to buy tickets online, visit http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t416.
Indianapolis, IN – The Indianapolis Indians are a minor league baseball team in Indianapolis.
– Where they play: The Indians call Victory Field their home. Victory Field is located in downtown Indianapolis just under a mile away from Lucas Oil Stadium, home to the Indianapolis Colts. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the downtown area before you head in for a game.
– Who they play: The team is a triple-A affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates and is in the International League West division, playing teams like the Louisville Bats.
– What to enjoy: Besides Friday Fireworks and two-for-one Tuesdays (buy one ticket, get one free!), you can enjoy ‘Colts at Bat’ nights and score autographs from Colts players, cheerleaders, and their mascot Blue.
For more information on the Indians or to buy tickets online, visit http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t484.
Cincinnati, OH – The Cincinnati Reds are a major league baseball team located in Cincinnati.
– Where they play: The Reds play their home games at the Great American Ball Park. While at the ball park be sure to visit the Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum. Another feature of the ball park are the Power Stacks. Fireworks are launched from the stacks after every Reds home run and win. The Gap is another famous feature of the ball park, creating a view into the stadium from downtown, and a view of the skyline from in the stadium.
– Who they play: The Reds are a member club of the National League Central division, alongside the Chicago Cubs, Pittsburgh Pirates, and more. The Reds have won five World Series titles.
– What to enjoy: The Reds games offer a lot of fun and entertainment for all ages. They host regular Thirsty Thursdays, Fireworks Fridays, Super Saturdays, and Family Sundays. You can also bring your furry friend to the park on ‘Bark in the Park’ days. Be sure to grab tickets for their rivalry game on May 22, 2017 against the Cleveland Indians.
For more information on the Reds or to buy tickets online, visit https://www.mlb.com/reds/?c_id=cin.
Nashville, TN – The Nashville Sounds are the minor league baseball team who calls Nashville their home.
– Where they play: The Nashville Sounds play at First Tennessee Park located in downtown Nashville. Be sure to check out all that downtown Nashville has to offer while you’re there for a game. Fun features include their unique guitar-shaped scoreboard.
– Who they play: The Sounds are a triple-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics and a member of the Southern division of the Pacific Coast League, playing against the Memphis Redbirds and New Orleans Baby Cakes.
– What to enjoy: When headed to a Sounds game be ready to enjoy fireworks, theme days, throwback Thursdays, and lots of family fun.
For more information on the Sounds or to buy tickets online, visit http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t556
Paducah, KY – The Paducah Chiefs are a collegiate athlete baseball team located in Paducah, Ky.
– Where they play: The Chiefs call Brooks Stadium their home.
– Who they play: The Chiefs are a part of the Ohio Valley Collegiate Baseball League. This League is made up of collegiate athletes from around the area and the bulk of the games are played in June and July. Other teams in the league include the Owensboro Oilers and the Madisonville Miners, among others. The Chiefs joined the league in 2016.
– What to enjoy: At Brooks Stadium you can enjoy lots of family fun with this small community. As the only sports team in the city of Paducah, it is a great way to get out and support your hometown.
To get more information about the Chiefs or check out their schedule, visit http://www.ohiovalleyleague.net/schedule.htm
Owensboro, KY – The Owensboro Oilers are a collegiate athlete baseball team located in Owensboro, Ky.
– Where they play: The Oilers play their home games and Kamuf Park in Owensboro, which is part of the Brescia University Outdoor Sports Complex.
– Who they play: The Oilers are also apart of the Ohio Valley Collegiate Baseball League. The Oilers are one of the original teams to join this league when it was created in 2010, alongside the Marion Bobcats and the Fulton Railroaders.
– What to enjoy: If you’re headed to an Oilers game you’ll find lots of fun in the sun and a great opportunity to come together with the community and cheer for the home team.
To learn more about the Oilers and check out their schedule, visit http://www.ohiovalleyleague.net/schedule.htm
Reviews for Taylor Homes
83 customer reviews
5 We Had A Great...
My girlfriend and I worked with Larry Little out of the...
by Ed B on 03/01/2021
5 So easy and great...
From moment I inquired about Taylor Homes, Paul has been...
by Megan H on 02/27/2021
5 So easy and great...
We have loved working with Paul at Taylor Homes in...
by Samantha M on 02/26/2021
5 Great Experience!
Paul Lewis at the Owensboro Ky. office was incredible!...