Are you currently renting someone else’s home? According to census data, 100 million Americans rent their homes. However, they are still outnumbered, 2-to-1, by Americans who own their own home. Why is this? Homeowners seem to know a secret that renters don’t – it is much more advantageous to own your home than to rent, in most cases! We know some cases can be different. However, if you’re looking to stay for more than a few years in one location, building a home could be the right move for you!
See some advantages of owning your own home below:
- Interest rates are low right now, which means now is the perfect time to start building your dream home!
- You build equity over time
- The value of your home may increase over time:
- You can customize your living space however you want, no restrictions!
- You can reap the tax benefits of owning a home
- You can feel more stable and comfortable knowing you have a permanent place, until you decide otherwise
- If you build your home, you can make it custom to your family’s needs
As you can see from the list above, the benefits of owning your home/building vs. renting a home are substantial! When it comes to making the decision for yourself or your family, keep in mind the major benefits of building/owning your own home vs. renting one.
At Taylor Homes, we know that the decision to rent/build is a big one! That’s why we’re here to help you through every step of the way. Reach out to us and let us know if you have any questions about getting your dream home built today!